Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Recipe is written and created by Cristy Steward-Harfmann of the Happy Family Blog.
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 ears Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Butterscotch schnapps
- Place the bowl, whisk attachment and pan into the refrigerator for a couple of hours or freezer for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Steam your corn for 7-10 minutes. Once they are steamed, let them cool enough to remove the corn from the cob.
- Remove the corn from the cob and set aside for later.
- Cut the cobs in half and place them into a pot with heavy whipping cream. Heat for 15 minutes on a low heat. Do not allow the pot to boil.
- Remove the corn and add the butter. Stir then place the cream into a glass container. Cool the cream in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once it is cool add the heavy whipping cream into the large bowl and whip the heavy cream until firm peaks.
- In a separate large bowl, pour the sweet condensed milk, vanilla extract and butterscotch schnapps. Mix them together until well blended.
- Fold in the condensed milk in the whipped cream using a spatula 1/3 of the mixture at a time. Fold it in gently until completely mixed.
- Add the whipped cream mixture to the pan that you had in the freezer.
- Cover and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!