Beef, Bean and Cheese Baked Empanadas
- 1 package frozen empanada pastry dough (found in Latin/ethnic section in the frozen dept of most major supermarkets)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons worchestsire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a saucepan, cook the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- Place the meat back onto the stove and add the beans, chili powder, Worchestsire, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic and tomato paste.
- Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray o parchment paper.
- Place a small amount of filling (2 tbs) and an equal amount of cheese on top of each dough circle and fold over and press to seal.
- Repeat until all the filling/dough is used.
- Brush each side with melted butter and bake until golden. (12-17 minutes)
Nutrition information per serving: 100 Calories, 4g Total Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 310mg Sodium, 7g Carbohydrate, 2g Dietary Fiber, 1g Sugars, 9g Protein