Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz egg noodles
- Cook egg noodles per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in pan on high.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper, add steak to hot pan and saute until brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- On medium heat, add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef stock, milk, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and simmer for 10 min until the sauce is thickened.
- Add steak back to mixture.
- Before serving, add sour cream and mix steak until fully incorporated. Stir in the pasta and serve. Garnish with chives or parsley.