Chicken and Vegetable Cream Lasagna
Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
For the sauce:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cut into small even cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup corn kernels or vegetable medley
- 2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4oz cream cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Olive oil for cooking
For the lasagna:
- 3 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- 12 lasagna sheets, cooked and drained
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350’F
- For the sauce, bring a large dutch oven to medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and season with salt and pepper, cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for about 1 min or until flour has cooked and has combined with the chicken mixture. Add the milk, stir, and lower to medium low heat. Cover for 5 minutes so that the sauce can thicken. Add the vegetables, spinach, cream cheese, and season with dried basil and mix until fully combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer the lasagna sheets, followed by a layer of the chunky chicken and vegetable sauce, and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat about 4 times until you have assembled the lasagna. Top with any remaining extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Serve warm. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Note: You can have fun with this recipe by adding in your favorite cheeses and vegetables. You can also use turkey, or ham instead of chicken.