- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup garlic infused olive oil (or olive oil and 4 garlic cloves)
- 1 lb bow tie pasta cooked al dente and pre-salted (7 minutes)
- 1/4 cup pasta water (if needed)
- 1 cup fresh cherry or grape tomatoes
- 16 oz pearl size Mozzarella balls
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- Garlic salt to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Place spinach, scallions, walnuts and cheese in a food processor. Pulse for 5 to 10 second intervals about 10 times, until the greens and walnuts are chopped fine. Might need a little olive oil to get it moving.
- Turn the food processor to low and slowly poor the olive oil in through the food chute. Process for 10 to 15 more seconds, until everything is blended. Turn off the food processor, remove the lid and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, replace the lid and pulse a few more times to ensure all ingredients are chopped fine and blended together. If you need to add the garlic cloves at this time and pulse.
- In a large pan combine pasta, pesto sauce, wine and tomatoes, let it simmer for three minutes if needed add some of the reserved pasta water or more wine.
- Add mozzarella pearls and toss.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with more garlic infused olive oil before serving. Top with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
Note: If you don’t have garlic infused olive oil, just blend 4 cloves of garlic into the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Serve as a vegetarian dish, as a side or add grilled chicken for a complete meal.