Chipotle Shrimp and Chickpeas
Recipe by Bold with Butter
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp (16-20 per pound); peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups hot cooked pastina or acini de pepe pastina
- Place shrimp, garlic, chipotle powder, oil, and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. When bubbling subsides, add shrimp and cook until they turn pink and are cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add chickpeas to shrimp along with remaining 3 tablespoons butter; cook 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with additional salt, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve in bowls over pastina.