Creamy Tomato Sauce
Recipe written and created by Concerned Cook.
- 1 cup Florida milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (optional)
- Dice the tomatoes and shallot; finely chop the basil leaves.
- Heat a skillet until it's hot, and add olive oil (if desired).
- Add the shallots and toss in the pan for a couple of minutes until they're translucent and slightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and season all over with the garlic powder, salt, and chopped basil.
- Toss all together so that the tomatoes are seasoned evenly, they will start to soften and release water; cook everything in the pan at medium-high heat for 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the milk and Parmesan cheese, then mix evenly. Wait for the sauce to thicken for another 20 minutes, add a little corn starch for a thicker texture.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, with pizza, chicken, or shrimp. Store in a glass container and refrigerate, or freeze if you want to use it at a much later date.