Pimento Cheese Quick Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimentos, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in mixing bowl; whisk until combined. Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, egg and onion in large glass measuring cup with pour spout; whisk together until combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add melted butter and stir well.
- Fold 1 1/4 cups of the cheddar cheese and pimento peppers into mixture using large rubber spatula.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick tester comes out clean. Sprinkle top of hot bread loaf with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, or until cheese on top of loaf is melted, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Serve slices of bread warm with butter.