Turkey Meatballs with Gravy
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3/4 breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth (vegetable works well here too)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground all ingredients.
- Using a spoon or your hands, mix well.
- Using about a tablespoon of mixture, roll each meatball into a ball. You can also use a small ice cream scooper for proportionally sized meatballs.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together, making sure to get all visible lumps.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium low heat until mixture turns light brown, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Continue stirring until gravy thickens to likeness.